Google Play Store has a wide notice as it is the official app store for those devices that works on the Android OS. It is the digital distribution platform that not only offers apps and games but it will also have digital contents. The real problem comes when you have purchased the paid contents in the Google Play Store and it isn’t what you wanted or fails to function as described. When in such a scenario, you will look for ways to get refund from Google Play Store.
You must act quickly in order to get refund from Google Play Store whenever your experience with it isn’t satisfying. It may be the app that don’t work just like you thought, or you might have not meant to buy it actually, or someone has used your account to buy it mistakenly. For any such reasons, you will be in need of getting the Google Play Store refund.
Check out How to Login Play Store
How to Get Google Play Store Refund
Google Play Store refund isn’t available for most purchases, there are few exceptions for which you will get back your money. There are two different ways to request for Google Play refund. i.e. by getting the support from the app developer or requesting for a refund on the Google Play website. As the Play Store has various categories, the refund Google Play Store gives its users differs. We have made the task simpler and given the guidelines for every other content that you have purchased and what to do when you want a Google Play refund right from this article.
Get Google Play Store Refund for Apps & Games
There are few exceptions for which you will get the Google Play refund even though it doesn’t give refunds for most purchases. The refund Play Store offers with the apps and game can be claimed either within 2 hours of the purchase or within 48 hours.
1. To get Google Play Store refund within 2 hours of purchase, you have to follow the points given below.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your device.
- On the top-left, you will see three horizontal lines and just click on it.
- From the menu, you have to select Account and click on Order History.
- Click on the apps or game for which you wanted a refund from Play Store and click on the Refund option.
- Just click on Yes option and the app will be uninstalled. With this, your money will be refunded from by the Play Store.
- You will also get an email regarding the refund Google Play Store has done.
2. Upon crossing the 2 hours of the purchase and if you are still within 48 hours then, you can request for the refund from Play Store by following the points given below.
- Open the web browser and go to the Google Play Store account.
- You have to scroll down to the Order history to find out the order you want to return.
- Click on More option that is present at the right side.
- Now select Request a refund option and complete the form to get a refund from Google Play Store.
3. When the purchase time exceeds 48 hours, then you can request a refund for your purchase from the developer of the app or game.
- Open Google Play Store on your smartphone.
- Click the three horizontal lines at the top left to open the Menu.
- Select the Account option to click on Order History.
- Search for the app or game you wanted a refund and click on View option.
- You have to scroll down to the Developer section and click on Send email option.
The refund Google Play Store gives you will depend on the developer and their refund policy.
You may like Fixes on “Unfortunately Google Play Store has Stopped“
Get Google Play Store Refund for an In-App Purchase
Play Store has lots of apps that give the standard features for free and advanced options to be accessed with a subscription. There may a case in which you would have made a subscription as in-app purchase. Later on, you would find it to be defective or not functioning properly. In such a case, you can request a refund from Google Play Store for the in-app purchase you have made.
1. If you have done an in-app purchase and look for a refund from Play Store, then you can follow the guidelines given below.
- Sign in to the Google account on your device and click here to fill out the form.
- You must give the order number of your in-app purchase that comes with the purchase.
- Provide necessary details like name, type of purchase, and reason for the refund. Click on Submit option.
- In most case, the refund process will take place immediately and the maximum time may take up 48 hours.
2. When the in-app purchase time exceeds 48 hours, then you will have to request the refund from the app developer. To do this, you can follow the points given below.
- You have to open the Play Store app on your device.
- To open the menu, you have to make a tap on the three horizontal lines at the top-left.
- You have to choose the Account to select the Order History option.
- Look for the app for which you wanted the refund from Play Store and click on View.
- Scroll down to the Developer section and select the Send email option.
- Just explain the reason for the refund request for the in-app purchase.
3. If it is a subscription-based app, then make sure to cancel it also by following the guidelines given below.
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Make a tap on the three horizontal lines and open the Menu option.
- You have to choose the Account option to click on the Subscriptions.
- Select the app for which you wanted to cancel the subscription and tap on the Cancel button.
Get Google Play Store Refund for Movies & TV Shows
The availability of the refund Play Store gives is subject to the contents and if you haven’t watched anything, then you can request a refund within 7 days of the purchase. In the same way, when you find that the movie or tv shows are unavailable or defective or doesn’t perform, then you can request a refund from Google Play Store within 65 days of the purchase.
- Go to Play Store Apk to select Account option and click on the Order History.
- You have to click on More option to select Request a refund or Report a problem option.
- You have to select the option that describes your case and thereby complete the form to request a refund from the Google Play Store app.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you upon your refund request. In most case, you will get it within 15 minutes while the maximum of two days.
Get Google Play Store Refund for Music
If you have used the Google Play Music subscription, then there is no way to ask refund from Google Play Store. Just cancel your subscription and you can still use the Music until the period you have paid. It is the same when in case of album or song and you can request for the Google Play Store refund within 7 working days of the purchase. However, you will lose access to the music as soon as you have returned it.
The request can be claimed within 14 days if you are a European Union user. To get refund from Play Store for music purchase, you can follow the guidelines as given below.
- Open the web browser and go to Play Store to select the Account section.
- Click on the Order History and click on the item for which you wanted to process the refund request.
- You have to click on the menu icon and select Report A Problem option.
- Simply select I’d Like To Request a Refund to further proceed with the refund request.
Read also Google Play Store for PC
Get Google Play Store Refund for Books
You can request the refund for both e-books and audiobooks within 7 days of purchase if you haven’t started to read it. If your e-book fails to work, then you can ask for a refund from Google Play Store within 65 days of purchase. When in case of audiobook not working, you can request for a refund at any time. As soon as the refund gets approved, the book will be removed from your library and you cannot read or listen to it.
On following the points given below, you will be able to contact the Google Play support when you wanted to resolve the purchase with books.
- Open Play Store and click on Help option on the top-right corner.
- You will find a list of issues and you have to select the one which is relevant to your problem.
- Choose the help that suits your need to get rid of it.
Get Google Play Store Refund for Newsstand
The option to refund Play Store newsstand purchase will not include with the single-issue purchase of magazines. However, the subscriptions can be cancelled at any time if you are unable to access the contents. Apart from this, you can cancel the purchase within the first 7 days of the monthly subscription. Upon returning the publication, it gets removed from your library and will lack access to it.
So for every other content which you have purchased like apps, games, music, movies, news, books and anything more, you shall request for the refund from Google Play Store. We hope the article has given useful information about the Google Play Store refund.